Italian and English
4,95 Average Rating
Are you in search of a distinct and delectable culinary journey in Italy?
Learn to create the most beautiful pasta shapes in the world with a special wooden Corzetti stamp. Your English-speaking professional chef from Florence will take you through the creation of the pasta dough, then a variety of special shapes, and of course the best fillings and sauces. Your wonderful hands-on cooking class at MaMa Florence ends with a full meal of prepared dishes, including the most beautiful and delicious pasta in the world.
Where can you take a Corzetti cooking class in Florence?
Your English-speaking professional chef from Florence will take you through the creation of the pasta dough, then a variety of special shapes, and of course the best fillings and sauces. Your wonderful hands-on cooking class at MaMa Florence ends with a full meal of prepared dishes, including the most beautiful and delicious pasta in the world.
What do you do in the Corzetti cooking class in Florence?
Explore this beautiful Ligurian culinary tradition as you learn about and create historic Corzetti pasta and other fresh pasta dishes! Under the careful guidance of our English-speaking chef you will learn how to prepare the fresh pasta dough using only the best local ingredients. Next you will be introduced to the ancient tradition once used by noble families to print their family shields and symbols onto their pasta. Artisan woodworkers in both Tuscany and Liguria are still creating the two-piece wooden Corzetti tool – the first part being a round cutter and the second being the engraved stamp that embosses the pasta with an intricate hand-carved symbol of choice. You will get to try your hand at this special technique, producing arguably the most beautiful and intricate pasta you have ever seen.
In addition to making Corzetti pasta, you will create two other shapes such as ravioli, tagliatelle, or gnocchi. Your chef will also lead you through the preparation of several scrumptious seasonal pasta sauces, including an explanation of the perfect way that the Corzetti stamped pasta is able to “hold” the sauce. If you fall in love with Corzetti pasta, you can purchase a beautiful handmade olive wood Corzetti tool in the MaMa Florence gift shop to take home with you so you can create the pasta for your next gathering of friends or family and introduce them to this special pasta.
- Hands-on cooking class with a professional chef
- Preparation of an appetizer, several pasta dishes with sauce, and a dessert
- A full meal of prepared dishes with seated table service
- Locally sourced, sustainable and organic ingredients
- A Prosecco mid-morning break
- Two glasses of fine Italian wine during your meal
- Printed recipes of all the dishes you’ve prepared
- Class duration, including meal, is approximately 3.5 hours
- 22% VAT tax
- Joinable cooking classes have a minimum enrollment of 3 people for course activation (except for Sundays which has a minimum enrollment of 5 people). Should the minimum not be reached for the day you have booked, we will contact you with a choice to: pay an additional fee to make the class private, change to another available date, or be fully refunded.
- If you don’t see a specific class you are interested in listed on our calendar, let us know and we will try to activate it for you on the date you want.
- Because we only use fresh, seasonal ingredients from trusted local suppliers and farms, the cooking class menu will vary depending on what is available that day.
- It is essential that you email us ahead of time with any food allergies or preferences you may have so we can accommodate them.
- If you would like to make this a private class just for you and your group, please get in touch for details.
We recommend arriving approximately 10-15 minutes prior to class
No, you do not need to bring any tools or resources; all the materials, tools, and ingredients needed for the courses will be provided by the school and are included in the fee.
Class duration, including meal, is approximately 3.5 hours
Yes, you will be eating the dishes you prepared after about 2 hours of preparation. For the menu structure please check the class description.
It is essential that you email us ahead of time with any food allergies or preferences you may have so we can let you know if we can accommodate them. We will not be able to accommodate special dietary needs without notice on-spot because ingredients and setting are prepared in advance.
Yes, all joinable classes are suitable for kids 6 and above as long as they are under parent supervision. Pasta and Pizza classes are the most suitable.
If you are taking a private class we can accommodate also younger children but we will need to know in advance.
Recipes of all the dishes you’ve prepared emailed to you
A tasting of Prosecco and two fine Italian wines during your meal
Pictures are allowed and encouraged! Our instructors love it when you feel that a dish is camera worthy, so please click away!
Comfortable clothing and shoes (you’ll stand up while cooking). Rings and bracelets need to be removed during preparation. If you have long hair please tie it.
No previous experience is required! We encourage you to ask questions if there is something you don’t understand.