Italian and English
4,95 Average Rating
At MaMa Florence cooking school, local fruits and vegetables are the star of most dishes, but during your vegetarian cooking class vegetables really shine! This Tuscan vegetarian cooking class in Florence is totally hands-on, and you will learn to prepare an entire vegetarian meal from appetizer, to pasta dish, main dish and dessert. The hands-on cooking class in Florence is centered around seasonal vegetables and their unique characteristics and properties. Together with your professional Tuscan chef, you will discover new cooking methods or rediscover tried-and-true ones, and learn how to best maintain the nutritional properties of each vegetable while satisfying your taste buds at the same time. Your florentine chef will mesmerize you with cutting and dicing techniques that will speed up your prep time for any dish. From a velvet carrot puree rich in vitamins and antioxidants, to a delicious pasta sauce full of “hidden” vegetables, to new ways of using fresh herbs, you are sure to take home ideas for the best Italian vegetarian cooking. Feel free to let us know if you have special requests such as vegan or gluten-free and we will be happy to accommodate you.
Descrizione della lezione
Da MaMa Florence, frutta e verdura di stagione sono spesso protagoniste dei piatti, ma durante la classe ‘menu vegetariano’, le verdure splendono! Questa classe di cucina vegetariana coinvolge totalmente il commensale, che cucinerà un menu completo di antipasto, pasta fatta a mano con sugo di stagione, un secondo piatto ed un dessert. Insieme allo chef professionale di MaMa Florence, capirete come utilizzare la verdura e quale metodi di cottura lasceranno intatte le proprietà nutrizionali degli ingredienti ed allo stesso tempo soddisferete vostri palati. Il vostro chef fiorentino saprà stupirvi con tecniche di preparazione che accelereranno la creazione di tutti i vostri piatti piu squisiti! Durante la vostra cooking class prenderete spunto per ricreare, ed inventar, piatti 100% vegetariani e buonissimi. Siete vegani o intolleranti al glutine? Fatecelo sapere in anticipo, e sarà un piacere accontentarvi!
Esempio di menu
Carrot Puree with Aromatic Herbs
Garganelli Pasta with Spring Garden Pasta Sauce
Sweet and Sour Baby Onions with Ginger
Seasonal Fruit Dessert
Cosa è incluso
- Hands-on vegetarian cooking class with a professional chef
- Preparation of an appetizer, pasta dish with sauce, main dish, side dish and a dessert
- A full meal of prepared dishes with seated table service
- Locally sourced, sustainable and organic ingredients
- A Prosecco mid-morning break
- Two glasses of fine Italian wine during your meal
- Printed recipes of all the dishes you’ve prepared
- Class duration, including meal, is approximately 3.5 hours
- 22% VAT tax
- Joinable cooking classes have a minimum enrollment of 3 people for course activation (except for Sundays which has a minimum enrollment of 5 people). Should the minimum not be reached for the day you have booked, we will contact you with a choice to: pay an additional fee to make the class private, change to another available date, or be fully refunded.
- If you don’t see a specific class you are interested in listed on our calendar, let us know and we will try to activate it for you on the date you want.
- Because we only use fresh, seasonal ingredients from trusted local suppliers and farms, the cooking class menu will vary depending on what is available that day.
- It is essential that you email us ahead of time with any food allergies or preferences you may have so we can accommodate them.
- If you would like to make this a private class just for you and your group, please get in touch for details
We recommend arriving approximately 10-15 minutes prior to class
No, you do not need to bring any tools or resources; all the materials, tools, and ingredients needed for the courses will be provided by the school and are included in the fee.
Class duration, including meal, is approximately 3.5 hours
Yes, you will be eating the dishes you prepared after about 2 hours of preparation. For the menu structure please check the class description.
It is essential that you email us ahead of time with any food allergies or preferences you may have so we can let you know if we can accommodate them. We will not be able to accommodate special dietary needs without notice on-spot because ingredients and setting are prepared in advance.
Yes, all joinable classes are suitable for kids 6 and above as long as they are under parent supervision. Pasta and Pizza classes are the most suitable.
If you are taking a private class we can accommodate also younger children but we will need to know in advance.
Recipes of all the dishes you’ve prepared emailed to you
A tasting of Prosecco and two fine Italian wines during your meal
Pictures are allowed and encouraged! Our instructors love it when you feel that a dish is camera worthy, so please click away!
Comfortable clothing and shoes (you’ll stand up while cooking). Rings and bracelets need to be removed during preparation. If you have long hair please tie it.
No previous experience is required! We encourage you to ask questions if there is something you don’t understand.